Mommy's Girl



Daughter Duties 43

Back when I was in Grade School, I told my Mom that I needed Plaster of Paris for the next day (right before falling asleep). I didn't know how difficult it was to get it. She got pretty mad at me and I ended up crying. I was pretty much sure I'd get a failing grade for not bringing my assignment. When I woke up the next day, my Mom had the plaster of paris in her hand.  

That pretty much sums up how my Mom is. (And I think it's pretty applicable to all the mothers out there.) She always comes through and she never lets us down. She always believes that we could be better versions of ourselves. I hope that when the time comes for a reversal of roles, she can count on me and Ate to do the same for her and Dad. 

I love you, Mom. I have always said that I'm a Daddy's girl, but what I don't often say is that I'm also a Mommy's girl. 


Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers, mothers-to-be, anticipating mothers and mother figures!


from  www.villagevoice.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ang Takaw Kasi!

Mom and the Mirror

Guessing Game