What I Love About Teaching


Teacher Tales 9

Just last year, I decided to take the plunge.  I started teaching in 2 schools (one was pre-dentistry/medicine and the other was medicine proper).  I had to drop the other school mid-way since I had conflicting schedules but it was a decision I had difficulty arriving at. 

Teaching is a tiring profession - it eats up a lot of your spare time.  Nights would be spent planning the lesson, reading more about the topic, grading the exams or researching the newest games that can be incorporated into the lesson.  These plus the hours spent in the classroom itself made it a tedious job.  Some will end up hating it.  

In my case, I loved it.  Interacting with teens who were willing to listen to what I had to say (well, most of the students, anyway) was priceless.   Being able to touch their lives, influencing them with my words and actions, helping shape them to be better persons and citizens of our country - is so fulfilling.  Needless to say, I am looking forward to what this new schoolyear will bring. 










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ang Takaw Kasi!

Mom and the Mirror

Guessing Game