Buffet Bonanza 1


Daughter Duties #50

Conversations with my 82-year old parents are like this:

Every Sunday, I make sure that my parents eat at fancy restaurants,  but it’s been awhile since our last buffet.  So I decided to bring them to this 5-star hotel buffet yesterday.

Whispering to me, my very frugal Mom asked, “Magkano dito? Mga 5?”
I replied, “No, Mom. Ang mahal naman nun.  Mga 2 lang.”
And she answered back, “Ay, mura lang naman pala.  Masarap na, mura pa.” It took awhile for me to realize that she thought it was two or five hundred and not in the thousands.

Today, during breakfast, she chided me and said,”Sabi ni Dad hindi lang two or five HUNDRED. Seven HUNDRED daw! Mura pa din kaya naman sa anniversary namin, dun tayo.”


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mom and the Mirror

Girls