Best clinic ever


Petite Pedia Plots #144

On an extremely tiring and difficult Saturday clinic, I was finally down to my last patient.  This 7 year old boy has been my patient ever since.

A couple of months ago, he was bitten by a dog and was brought to thr ER for anti-rabies.  His Mom aaid he cried so loudly in the ER, not because of the pain, but beause he wanted me to be the one to give him the injection.  Every time they’d visit the ER to complete the shots, he kept saying, “Where’s my Tita Doc? I want my Tita Doc!” accompanied by a lot of wailing.

This time, Mom brought him to the clinic for his flu shot.  Normally, kids who undergo rabies series develop a phobia of needles, so I was expecting a difficult time before giving the vaccine. When he came in, he hurriedly gave me a tight embrace and seemed so glad to see me.. No crying and no fuss during the flu shot.  As he was leaving the room, he shouted,”Tita Doc, you’re the best ...... EVER!!!”

Best Saturday clinic ever too.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mom and the Mirror

Girls